6/03/2013

Gamerepublic Student Showcase 2013


I took part last week in the gamerepublic student showcase (link here) at Leeds College of Art. I was not allowed to enter the competition, as I am from the university of Leeds, which wasn't participating. But because my friends who have been helping on the game are, we were allowed to show the game.

It was really interesting, we received a lot of positive feedback on the game and although it's only a prototype, people really seemed to enjoy playing it. It was also great seeing the other games the students from various universities made; lots of graphically impressive levels made in either cry engine, unreal, or unity. There was a wide range of gameplays designed for various platform: pc, linux, tablet, PS3...


It's a shame the gamerepublic website does not show much of that, it would be great if each participant could upload a gameplay video of its game. But I noticed there was a camera filming the event, and there should be a video soon on the gamerepublic website. I hope it will show some Castle Defender action!

I had also the chance to meet with the manager of the game companies present at the event, and they also liked my game! One of them was the manager of Team17; if you've never heard of Team17 before, have a look at their website, they are the creators of a game that I'm sure you played before. Ok, I'll give you a clue: it has worms in it!

Meanwhile, the online editor has been up for about a month now, and some interesting models are starting to appear, but they were all made by close friends of mine. I'd like to see people I have never heard of before visiting my website! Hopefully, this gamerepublic event will have attracted new people towards the game.

By the way, if you're reading this and you haven't had a go at the online editor yet, then

but not with internet explorer, please...

That's all for today, but stay tuned because I will be releasing the first playable demo of the game very soon!

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment